James J. McGarry
James J. McGarry has earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry, for his professionalism and ethics. Mr. McGarry has also been recognized by Los Angeles Magazine as one of the “Top Attorneys in Southern California” and by Leaders in the Law.
Mr. McGarry represents clients in a wide array of construction site lawsuits and in litigation involving professional security guarding services, products liability, transportation and trucking. He also represents the interests of state employees who work for the California Highway Patrol and the California Department of State Hospitals.
- California, 1980
- U.S. District Court, Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- Loyola University of Los Angeles, J.D., 1979
- Loyola University of Los Angeles, B.B.A., magna cum laude, 1975
Associations and memberships
- State Bar of California
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Electric Insurance Company
- Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.
- California Highway Patrol
- Rolls Scaffold & Equipment, Inc.
- General Electric Company
- Gelco Corporation
- Farmer Bros. Coffee
- Biljax, Inc.
- Hoskins Equipment
- Sunset Ladder, Inc.
- ABSS Manufacturing Company, Inc.
McGarry & Laufenberg regularly serves clients throughout Southern California and the state of California as needed.